Once upon a margin

For my first three years of blogging, the blog sidebar featured my lists of favorite movies and TV shows - a quirky list that existed as much as anything to provide the fledgling blog with some content. Now that I've hit the 3-year anniversary mark, I've decided the sidebar can get by without these lists, but I'm archiving them here - just, because.


Favorite Movies(alphabetical)

  • Barcelona
  • Big Night
  • Chariots of Fire
  • Fish Called Wanda, A
  • Junebug
  • Kolya
  • Magnolia
  • Mighty Wind, A
  • Moonstruck
  • Princess Bride, The
  • Purple Rose of Cairo, The
  • Room With a View, A
  • Shawshank Redemption, The
  • Unbreakable
  • (musical connections)

Honorable Mention Favorite Movies

  • Amadeus
  • Babe
  • Best in Show
  • Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
  • Bridge on the River Kwai, The
  • Day at the Races, A
  • Few Good Men, A
  • Firm, The
  • Fugitive, The
  • Great Escape, The
  • Great Race, The
  • Groundhog Day
  • Guys and Dolls
  • Hannah and Her Sisters
  • Henry V
  • Impromptu
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
  • Lord of the Rings, The (trilogy)
  • Love and Death
  • Mass Appeal
  • Metropolitan
  • My Fair Lady
  • My Left Foot
  • Next Stop Wonderland
  • Night Train to Munich
  • North by Northwest
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark
  • Red Violin, The
  • Sense and Sensibility
  • Shakespeare in Love
  • Short Cuts
  • Sixth Sense, The
  • Stars Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, The Return of the Jedi
  • Strictly Ballroom
  • thirty two short films about Glenn Gould
  • Waiting for Guffman
  • West Side Story

Favorite TV Shows(alphabetical)

  • Dick Van Dyke Show, The
  • Office, The (US version)
  • Seinfeld
  • Simpsons, The
  • THAT'S IT - not very original, I know, but I did create this clever homage: